As we gear up for the release of Bazz Luhrmann’s film adaptation of “The Great Gatsby”, Gatsby-themed product lines and launches are sure to be springing up everywhere.
But at least this one’s exciting.
Brooks Brothers have teamed up the Catherine Martin, costume designer for the actual film, to release a limited-edition line of menswear inspired by the garments worn on-screen.
“The Great Gatsby” logo is however sewn into each tag alongside a Brooks Brothers logo from the 20s.
The entire collection came into being when Martin looked into the Brooks Brothers archives as research for her work in the movie movie and she based most of the looks from the film on 500 pieces she found.
The collection has an unmistakable Jazz Age feel to it without looking excessively dated.
Check out some of our favorites from the collection below:
More More More!
- The Fresh and 60s Inspired Spring 2013 Collection From Joe Fresh [PHOTOS] "Joe Fresh", the brand by designer Joe Mimran, definitely made the biggest statement at the just ended Toronto Fashion Week aka World Mastercard Fashion Week Spring 2013. The collection had elements of "Mad Men" with a lot of black and white, geometric prints, pleated skirts, and […]
- Our First Impression of Baz Luhrmann’s “The Great Gatsby” [REPORT] We were quite eager and excited to check out Baz Luhrmann's "The Great Gatsby" last night however after two and a half hours we were quite disappointed. The film, like Fitzgerald's novel, is all about material excess - but not in a very good way in that the film is mostly style […]
- Kim Kardashian Unveils Cover of Her New Selfie Book – ‘Selfish’ / [PHOTOS] If you would like a full table book of Kim Kardashian selfies, then you're in luck! Kardashian just unveiled the cover of her new endeavour titled 'Selfish.' It's a book dropping this spring that has been showcased on 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' for a while - Kim's been […]
- Olivier Rousteing Reveals How Much Rihanna Inspired His Spring 2014 Collection [VIDEO] Balmain's creative director Olivier Rousteing and Rihanna have long had a healthy professional friendship; with Rihanna wearing Rousteing's designs on and off the stage and Rousteing recently naming the popstar the new face of Balmain's Spring 2014 campaign. Rihanna looks […]
- Stussy ROOTZ Collection / [PHOTOS] Stussy just presented a new "ROOTZ" capsule collection for the Fall/Winter 2014 fashion season. The collection is inspired by vintage items from the brand during its early days in the '80s. Iconic logos from the brand's past are used on the garments in the line like the […]
- Supreme Releases 20th Anniversary Collection [PHOTOS] Skate brand Supreme celebrates their 20th anniversary this year and they've released a new collection to commemorate. The collection features a graphic tee inspired by Taxi Driver, another with their iconic logo, and skateboard decks with the graphics. That's it folks! The […]
- Riccardo Tisci For Beats by Dr. Dre / [VIDEO] Beats by Dre, the billion dollar company that's now owned by Apple, has released a new image (above) that hints about a collaboration between Beats and brand Givenchy which is headed by Creative Director Riccardo Tisci. Tisci has worked with sports brands in the past, more […]
- Supreme x Brooks Brothers Collaboration [PHOTOS] There still aren't enough details out there regarding the upcoming collaboration between Brooks Brothers and streetwear label Supreme, however in the latest issue of "Man About Town" magazine a new teaser of the upcoming line is shown. "Man About Town" is a bi-annual publication […]
- Married to the Mob Launches New Mens’ Collection / [PHOTOS] Leah McSweeney and Married To The Mob have just launched a new all mens' collection despite being known as champions of womens' apparel. The brand flips their image with baggier clothes to suit mens' silhouettes, creating sportswear inspired pieces with block messages. Part of […]
- Male Models Butcher Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky” For the CFDA Awards [VIDEO] The CFDA gathered 30 or so male models to perform Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" in order to introduce its Menswear Designer of the Year at the CFDA Awards Ceremony last night. The models show off the nominated collections in the video as well, including the likes of Duckie Brown, […]
- Listen To This: Jay Z’s $100 Bill in Full [AUDIO] What is obviously one of the most anticipated movie releases of 2013, Bazz Luhrmann's adaptation of "The Great Gatsby" also has one of the most hype-worthy soundtracks to boot. NPR has just released a track titled "100$ Bill" by Jay Z which starts off with some dialogue from […]
- Been Trill x Martine Rose Fall/Winter 2015 Collection / [PHOTOS] Been Trill collaborate with London-based designer Martine Rose for their fall/winter 2015 collection. Rose's work in the past has focused heavily on London's early rave scene + skinhead culture and this is somewhat resonant in this collection. It's a far cry from what […]
- Maison Kitsuné Fall/Winter 2011 Collection Inspired by Brokeback Mountain French boutique label Maison Kitsuné's fall/winter 2011 collection’s style is a tribute to “Brokeback Mountain” by Ang Lee and is inspired by the 60′s American western style. Check out looks below from the collection and a little teaser those trendy Parisians put out back in April […]
- M.I.A. x Versace Capsule Collection Preview / [PHOTOS] M.I.A. recently announced that she would be collaborating with Versus Versace for a capsule 19-piece collection. The Grammy award winning artist created a collection that features kaleidoscopic prints, which were inspired by M.I.A.'s teenage years when she would purchase bootleg […]
- Stampd 2015 Spring/Summer “Tear to Build” Capsule Collection / [PHOTOS] Stampd release a capsule collection for the Spring 2015 season and we
- H&M and Alexander Wang Team Up For Design Collaboration [VIDEO] Fast fashion retailer H&M has just announced their latest designer collaboration. Making the announcement yesterday at Coachella in Palm Springs, H&M said that they will be collaborating with Alexander Wang on a collection that will consist of accessories and apparel for both men […]
- MAC Cosmetics Collaborates With Disney’s “Maleficent” [PHOTOS] It's going to a be a really witchy time for MAC Cosmetics coming this May. The beauty company is collaborating with Disney's upcoming "Maleficent" movie to create a dramatic line of products like Malificent inspired lipstick, lip-gloss, eyeliner, and more. Inspired by Angelina […]
- Head to Planet Fashion in The Chilean Desert With H&M [VIDEO] Swedish retailer H&M recently shot a fashion video titled "Fantastic Voyage" in the Chilean desert. The promotional material stars Catherine Macneil and is all about: "[being] stranded on planet fashion, mixing futurism with sleek sophistication is way to survive." Watch […]
- New Video From Lana Del Rey – Young and Beautiful [VIDEO] We managed to watch Baz Luhrmann's adaptation of "The Great Gatsby" last night and we weren't all too impressed. Lana Del Rey's song "Young and Beautiful" was probably one of the best things about the film and it now has a video which we wish the film looked a lot more […]
- Another Trailer For The Great Gatsby Has Been Released [VIDEO] Leonardo DiCaprio shouting "I'm Gatsby" in this just-released promotion for "The Great Gatsby" has us more eager for the film's release than ever. The film by Baz Luhrmann is set for release on May 10 2013. Watch the new trailer below:
- We’re Loving: Doctor Martens Spring 2013 Campaign + Collection [VIDEO AND PHOTOS] Dr. Martens have returned this season with a new installment of their #FIRSTANDFOREVER campaign which is very reminiscent of films like Trainspotting and This is England. The Spring 2013 collection is full of floral prints, tartan plaids, bomber jackets and studded […]
- Opening Ceremony Fall/Winter 2014 Collection / [PHOTOS] Inspired by the Belgian city of Antwerp - known for being home to incredible design and architecture - is the new Opening Ceremony fall/winter 2014 collection. It revolves around the motif of hands which make an appearance over a lot of the garments. We love the dimensional […]
- Zendaya Launches Shoe Collection / [VIDEO] Zendaya Coleman is designing her first ever footwear line in conjuction with her stylist, Law Roach. The collection is set to launch just in time for the back to school season, as reported by In Style: "We plan on doing the best of everything. We’re going to create a good […]
- Sofia Coppola For Marc Jacobs “Daisy” Commercial / [VIDEO] Sofia Coppola takes her infamous cinematic formula to fashion as she directs the new and very cool commercial for Marc Jacobs' Daisy fragrance. The commercial stars model Ondria Hardin wearing a flowing white dress as she runs around a field of daises while Coppola captures the […]
- Rihanna Gets Eaten by a Shark for Harper’s Bazaar / [PHOTOS] What a fashion risk! Commemorating the 40th anniversary of the hit film 'Jaws', Rihanna covers Harper Bazaar's March 2015 issue and in it she stars in an aquarium themed photoshoot. On the cover - the fashion obsessed star was dressed in a shimmering bronze jumpsuit designed by […]
- DKNY For Opening Ceremony / [PHOTOS] DKNY for Opening Ceremony is approaching its fourth season and once again its curated by downtown NY stylist Jay Massacret. Massacret uses large DKNY logos and a ton of metallic silver to brand the collection. Some pieces from the DKNY archive get recreated as well in this very […]
- I Love Ugly Spring/Summer 2014 Collection [PHOTOS] We're absolutely loving the Spring/Summer 2014 collection from I Love Ugly. The items can be worn by any man regardless of whether he's a festival frequenting music lover or a soccer loving sports dude. The Auckland-based brand manages to mix classic menswear structure with […]
- Pigalle Releases Their Fall/Winter 2013 Lookbook / [PHOTOS] French label Pigalle has just released the lookbook for its Fall/Winter 2013 collection. The lineup masterfully blends conventional menswear style with streetwear, boasting knits and heavy wool jackets, in addition to aged leather rider pieces set against dyed suit jackets and […]
- Louis Vuitton Fall 2014 Editorial by SENSE / [PHOTOS] Japanese magazine SENSE highlights Louis Vuitton's Fall 2014 offerings in a new editorial. The editorial is set admidst a purple background and showcases the tailored silhouettes, luxury leather goods, and sleek design that the French house is known for. The Fall offerings in […]
- Gisele Bündchen Replaces Marilyn Monroe As The New Face of Chanel No. 5 [VIDEO] When choosing a new face for one of the world's most iconic fragrances, couture house Chanel definitely felt the need to get it "perfect." After all the new face would be replacing an important figure in American culture - Marilyn Monroe. Women's Wear Daily have just dropped […]
- Gisele Bundchen and Bazz Luhrman’s Full Film for Chanel No. 5 / [VIDEO] A short preview of Gisele Bundchen's new ad for Chanel No. 5 appeared on the Interweb yesterday and now we have the full thing! The 3.5 minute film was just unveiled by the fashion house and it's directed by famed photographer Baz Luhrmann who adds an old glamour and dramatic […]
- Converse x Maison Martin Margiela First String 2014 Collection / [PHOTOS] Converse is teaming up for the second time with French label Maison Martin Margiela for a new collection under Converse's First String brand. As with the previous collaboration, this collection features the All Star Chuck '80 and Jack Purcell, both finished with white […]
- Apple’s iWatch Designed by Fame-worthy Designers / [PHOTOS] With the announcement of the release of Apple's iWatch many star-worthy designers have taken to designing the soon to be v popular piece of merchandise. In terms of designer renditions, Alexander Wang keeps everything quite minimal via a touch of gold along and a marble printed […]
- The Least Practical Looks From Haute Couture’s Fall 2014 Lineup / [PHOTOS] Even though the Fall 2014 haute couture shows came to a close earlier this month, we still can't fathom the outrageousness of some outfits that paraded the catwalk. We completely understand that couture is custom designed with the client's body frame in mind and that couture […]
- John Galliano Named Creative Director at Maison Martin Margiela / [VIDEO] John Galliano was placed on fashion's blacklist after he was caught on camera making anti-Semitic remarks while drunk in Paris in 2011. Now Galliano has been given another chance as he's been awarded the position of Creative Director at Belgian house Maison Martin […]
- FKA twigs Goes Topless for V Magazine / [PHOTOS] FKA twigs covers V Magazine's latest issue topless! The Spring 2015 edition explores "The New Sound of Soul" and includes FKA twigs' contribution to the list with her premiere record 'LP1.' The cover was photographed by famed photographers Inez & Vinoodh who dressed in star in […]
- The Science Behind Beyoncé’s “Cool Sister” Solange Knowles Style [PHOTOS & AUDIO] Solange Knowles is often referred to as Beyoncé's "cool sister" due to her fun sense of style, and DJ abilities to boot, when compared to Beyoncé's more mainstream appeal. The 26 year old singer is often seated at the front rows of major fashion weeks because of her "exciting" […]
- “The Great Gatsby” Soundtrack First Listen [VIDEO] Judging from the trailers, many are calling Baz Luhrmann's upcoming adaptation of "The Great Gatsby" a little over-the-top. But in all honesty it's Luhrmann, what did you expect? Say what you will though about the film but the man sure does know how to put together a […]
- Florence and the Machine – Over The Love (Off “The Great Gatsby” Soundtrack) [AUDIO] Jay Z, Beyoncé and Amy Winehouse, may have stolen headlines over their contributions to the soundtrack for the upcoming Bazz Luhrmann adaptation of "The Great Gatsby;" but it's Florence and the Machine who seems to have at least read the novel before writing her song. In the song […]
- Supreme’s Spring/Summer 2014 Sunglasses Collection / [PHOTOS] Streetwear label Supreme have just released their latest sunglasses lineup for their Spring/Summer 2014 collection. The first three items - The Frances, Wellington, and Tunnel Metal - are handmade in Japan and have UV-coated lenses and are CR 39 tinted. The Factory is made in […]
- Naomi Campbell For Agent Provocateur / [PHOTOS] Naomi Campbell looks even better than she did in the 90s for Agent Provocateur's latest campaign, shot by Ellen Von Unwerth. Campbell is the new face of the lingerie line's Spring 2015 collection and is featured as a femme fatale popularized by Hollywood thrillers. Check out […]
- David Beckham H&M Spring 2015 Bodywear Lookbook / [PHOTOS] Coming early this month is the latest collaboration between David Beckham and H&M. The H&M x David Beckham H&M Spring 2015 Bodywear collection hits all H&M stores soon and a new lookbook has just arrived. Four different styles of underwear, lounge wear, and dare we say it - […]