As we gear up for the release of Bazz Luhrmann’s film adaptation of “The Great Gatsby”, Gatsby-themed product lines and launches are sure to be springing up everywhere.
But at least this one’s exciting.
Brooks Brothers have teamed up the Catherine Martin, costume designer for the actual film, to release a limited-edition line of menswear inspired by the garments worn on-screen.
“The Great Gatsby” logo is however sewn into each tag alongside a Brooks Brothers logo from the 20s.
The entire collection came into being when Martin looked into the Brooks Brothers archives as research for her work in the movie movie and she based most of the looks from the film on 500 pieces she found.
The collection has an unmistakable Jazz Age feel to it without looking excessively dated.
Check out some of our favorites from the collection below:
- October 27, 2012 The Fresh and 60s Inspired Spring 2013 Collection From Joe Fresh [PHOTOS] "Joe Fresh", the brand by designer Joe Mimran, definitely made the biggest statement at the just ended Toronto Fashion Week aka World Mastercard Fashion Week Spring 2013.The collection had elements of "Mad Men" with a lot of black and white, geometric prints, pleated skirts, and carefully tailored suits.The new line also featured sportswear which was quite minimalistic in aesthetic but came with a few metallic colours and prints, ensuring that the brand was still suitable […]
- May 10, 2013 Our First Impression of Baz Luhrmann’s “The Great Gatsby” [REPORT] We were quite eager and excited to check out Baz Luhrmann's "The Great Gatsby" last night however after two and a half hours we were quite disappointed.The film, like Fitzgerald's novel, is all about material excess - but not in a very good way in that the film is mostly style and almost little to no substance.There was nothing wrong with casting, we've read Fitzgerald's novel a number of times and could envision DiCaprio playing the title character while Casey Mulligan […]
- January 5, 2014 Olivier Rousteing Reveals How Much Rihanna Inspired His Spring 2014 Collection [VIDEO] Balmain's creative director Olivier Rousteing and Rihanna have long had a healthy professional friendship; with Rihanna wearing Rousteing's designs on and off the stage and Rousteing recently naming the popstar the new face of Balmain's Spring 2014 campaign.Rihanna looks absolutely flawless in the campaign, and that's no coincidence.In a recently released behind-the-scenes video - Rousteing reveals that he in fact did design the entire collection around the Bajan beauty […]
- April 25, 2014 Supreme x Brooks Brothers Collaboration [PHOTOS] There still aren't enough details out there regarding the upcoming collaboration between Brooks Brothers and streetwear label Supreme, however in the latest issue of "Man About Town" magazine a new teaser of the upcoming line is shown."Man About Town" is a bi-annual publication from the U.K that currently features 15-year old Brooklyn Beckham on the cover.The Spring/Summer 2014 issue will hit news-stands in the coming weeks.The preview image of the aforementioned […]
- April 21, 2014 Supreme Releases 20th Anniversary Collection [PHOTOS] Skate brand Supreme celebrates their 20th anniversary this year and they've released a new collection to commemorate.The collection features a graphic tee inspired by Taxi Driver, another with their iconic logo, and skateboard decks with the graphics.That's it folks!The NY brand have kept it super simple and it will be available in New York, London, Los Angeles, and online on April 24.The collection will be available in Japan on April 26.Take a look at the […]
- September 28, 2014 Stussy ROOTZ Collection / [PHOTOS] Stussy just presented a new "ROOTZ" capsule collection for the Fall/Winter 2014 fashion season.The collection is inspired by vintage items from the brand during its early days in the '80s.Iconic logos from the brand's past are used on the garments in the line like the jackets, shirts, hoodies, bucket hats, and more.The graphic tees definitely communicate the 80's vibe while the other pieces are resonant with the brand's work in the recent past.The collection is […]
- August 2, 2014 Riccardo Tisci For Beats by Dr. Dre / [VIDEO] Beats by Dre, the billion dollar company that's now owned by Apple, has released a new image (above) that hints about a collaboration between Beats and brand Givenchy which is headed by Creative Director Riccardo Tisci.Tisci has worked with sports brands in the past, more specifically Nike.The image that was just released shows the designer's initials right next to the Beats logo and the number "17" - the year Tisci left his home and also his lucky number.We're quite […]
- October 8, 2014 Married to the Mob Launches New Mens’ Collection / [PHOTOS] Leah McSweeney and Married To The Mob have just launched a new all mens' collection despite being known as champions of womens' apparel.The brand flips their image with baggier clothes to suit mens' silhouettes, creating sportswear inspired pieces with block messages.Part of the collection are three T-shirts which were produced in collaboration with New York photographer Pretty Puke who adds her signature erotic undertones to the pieces.Check out the lookbook below […]
- June 4, 2013 Male Models Butcher Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky” For the CFDA Awards [VIDEO] The CFDA gathered 30 or so male models to perform Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" in order to introduce its Menswear Designer of the Year at the CFDA Awards Ceremony last night.The models show off the nominated collections in the video as well, including the likes of Duckie Brown, Michael Bastien, and Thom Browne.Thom Browne ended up being the winner.Check out the somewhat painful to watch-yet not, video below:
- May 3, 2013 Listen To This: Jay Z’s $100 Bill in Full [AUDIO] What is obviously one of the most anticipated movie releases of 2013, Bazz Luhrmann's adaptation of "The Great Gatsby" also has one of the most hype-worthy soundtracks to boot.NPR has just released a track titled "100$ Bill" by Jay Z which starts off with some dialogue from Gatsby.The track pays homage to Gatsby, played by Leonardo DiCaprio, and has a somewhat nostalgic appeal that has been perpetuated by other tracks from other popular artists also featured on the […]
- October 9, 2011 Maison Kitsuné Fall/Winter 2011 Collection Inspired by Brokeback Mountain French boutique label Maison Kitsuné's fall/winter 2011 collection’s style is a tribute to “Brokeback Mountain” by Ang Lee and is inspired by the 60′s American western style.Check out looks below from the collection and a little teaser those trendy Parisians put out back in April featuring two youngins battling it out to see who can dress up faster in Kitsuné duds:
- October 7, 2013 M.I.A. x Versace Capsule Collection Preview / [PHOTOS] M.I.A. recently announced that she would be collaborating with Versus Versace for a capsule 19-piece collection.The Grammy award winning artist created a collection that features kaleidoscopic prints, which were inspired by M.I.A.'s teenage years when she would purchase bootleg Versace clothing on the streets of London.The collection caters to both men and women, and ranges from t-shirts and printed jeans to jersey dresses and military outerwear.The M.I.A. x Versace […]
- April 13, 2014 H&M and Alexander Wang Team Up For Design Collaboration [VIDEO] Fast fashion retailer H&M has just announced their latest designer collaboration.Making the announcement yesterday at Coachella in Palm Springs, H&M said that they will be collaborating with Alexander Wang on a collection that will consist of accessories and apparel for both men and women.They also said that "it will go beyond fashion."H&M x Alexander Wang is set to launch this fall on November 6 in 250 H&M stores.Check out H&M's the results of the brand's latest […]
- May 1, 2014 MAC Cosmetics Collaborates With Disney’s “Maleficent” [PHOTOS] It's going to a be a really witchy time for MAC Cosmetics coming this May.The beauty company is collaborating with Disney's upcoming "Maleficent" movie to create a dramatic line of products like Malificent inspired lipstick, lip-gloss, eyeliner, and more.Inspired by Angelina Jolie's character in the film, the cosmetics are rather fit for an evil glamour queen.Check out the full range below and get ready to purchase the collection online on May 8 and in stores on May […]
- March 3, 2013 We’re Loving: Doctor Martens Spring 2013 Campaign + Collection [VIDEO AND PHOTOS] Dr. Martens have returned this season with a new installment of their #FIRSTANDFOREVER campaign which is very reminiscent of films like Trainspotting and This is England.The Spring 2013 collection is full of floral prints, tartan plaids, bomber jackets and studded satchels; and of course we want them all.Check out the first installment of the #FIRSTANDFOREVER campaign below as well as photos from the Spring 2013 collection:
- May 18, 2013 Head to Planet Fashion in The Chilean Desert With H&M [VIDEO] Swedish retailer H&M recently shot a fashion video titled "Fantastic Voyage" in the Chilean desert.The promotional material stars Catherine Macneil and is all about:"[being] stranded on planet fashion, mixing futurism with sleek sophistication is way to survive."Watch a behind-the-scenes video of the fashion film above as well as check out some of the looks right below:I love the overall concept as well as the aesthetic of the shots - très cool!
- March 26, 2013 Another Trailer For The Great Gatsby Has Been Released [VIDEO] Leonardo DiCaprio shouting "I'm Gatsby" in this just-released promotion for "The Great Gatsby" has us more eager for the film's release than ever.The film by Baz Luhrmann is set for release on May 10 2013.Watch the new trailer below:
- May 10, 2013 New Video From Lana Del Rey – Young and Beautiful [VIDEO] We managed to watch Baz Luhrmann's adaptation of "The Great Gatsby" last night and we weren't all too impressed.Lana Del Rey's song "Young and Beautiful" was probably one of the best things about the film and it now has a video which we wish the film looked a lot more like.Directed by Chris Sweeney, the video showcases footage of Del Rey, closeups, and shadows, and in essence is very Lana Del Rey.Check it out below and let us know your thoughts:
- December 5, 2013 Sofia Coppola For Marc Jacobs “Daisy” Commercial / [VIDEO] Sofia Coppola takes her infamous cinematic formula to fashion as she directs the new and very cool commercial for Marc Jacobs' Daisy fragrance.The commercial stars model Ondria Hardin wearing a flowing white dress as she runs around a field of daises while Coppola captures the moment with ethereal cinematography.Coppola has worked with Jacobs in the past as a model but this is the first time she's gone behind the camera for the designer's namesake label.Check out the […]
- September 10, 2013 Pigalle Releases Their Fall/Winter 2013 Lookbook / [PHOTOS] French label Pigalle has just released the lookbook for its Fall/Winter 2013 collection.The lineup masterfully blends conventional menswear style with streetwear, boasting knits and heavy wool jackets, in addition to aged leather rider pieces set against dyed suit jackets and short parkas.Overall, we really get to view an skillfully executed collection worth investing some pesos on.Check out the collection below and let us know what you think: