The “Video Games” singer just landed herself a modeling contract, Elle UK reports.
Del Rey’s parody Prada ad is starting to look like a premonition, with news that the it-singer has been signed by Next Model Management.
Check out the fake ad below:
Del Rey (born Elizabeth Grant) has skyrocketed to popularity, and has already become a staple of the fashion set.
She’s been dressed by the likes of Prabal Gurung and Antonio Berardi, and performed at Mulberry’s spring 2012 presentation in New York – both Christopher Kane and Emilio de la Morena chose her ‘Video Games’ to soundtrack their spring/summer 2012 shows.
Her debut album drops at the end of January 2012.
Enjoy her latest video for “Born to Die” below:
- February 21, 2012 Mulberry Showcases a new Lana Del Rey Handbag at London Fashion Week British heritage brand Mulberry has created a bag for singer Lana Del Rey.Mulberry debuted the "Del Rey" bag during its London Fashion Week show on Sunday."I love Lana's nostalgic references to bygone glamour and the fact that her look is retrospective yet so modern," said Mulberry creative director Emma Hill in a statement."This inspired us to create a bag that was timeless, refined and elegant, yet with a beautiful practicality that would suit any woman."So how […]
- October 11, 2011 We Can’t Stop Looping: Lana Del Rey – Blue Jeans (Penguin Prison Remix) The Lana Del Rey remixes keep on coming.We fell in love when we heard U.K. producer/singer Jamie Woon provide his own take on "Video Games" and now, it's Penguin Prison's Chis Glover, who got his hands on "Blue Jeans."Fall in love with Glover's dance-y remix of "Blue Jeans" below:Lana Del Rey - Blue Jeans (Penguin Prison Remix)
- December 30, 2011 New Lana Del Rey – Axl Rose Husband What else can we say about the mystery that still continues to be Lana Del Rey?Considering the fact that her latest video "Born to Die" has already attracted over 2.5 million views, and she recently landed a highly coveted spot on Saturday Night Live - if you haven't heard of her yet then you undoubtedly will in the coming months.The blogosphere has recently found a track Lana recorded when she was just a 16 year old going by the name of Lizzy Grant, a variation of her […]
- April 9, 2014 Marie Claire Has The World’s #It Girls Cover Their May Issue; Including Lupita Nyong’o, Elizabeth Olsen, and More [PHOTOS] Marie Claire really wants to sell come May.The international magazine has five of the world's most talked about it girls on the covers of their May 2014 "Young Hollywood" issue.The five separate covers will feature the likes of Emilia Clarke from "Game of Thrones", Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o, "House of Cards" Kate Mara, Elizabeth Olsen, and "Maleficient" star Elle Fanning.Check out the covers below and let us know whether you will be buying when the issue hits the […]
- April 20, 2012 Photos: Lana Del Rey Covers “Glamour” Paris Without Pants Looks like Lana Del Rey's modelling career is already going full throttle.The singer turned model is on the cover of Glamour Paris's May issue, wearing a headband and no pants.Del Rey covered the March 2012 issue of Vogue UK recently, and also appeared on "American Idol" where she performed "Video Games."Check out her cover below:
- December 20, 2011 Lana Del Rey to Perform on SNL to Promote Release of Debut LP Lana Del Rey will be the musical guest on the first episode of Saturday Night Live of 2012 to promote the release of her debut LP.She’ll appear on the 1/14 episode, which will be hosted by Daniel Radclifffe.Born To Die (the album) is a collection of tracks about which Lana says "are an homage to true love and a tribute to living life on the wild side."Album tracks include 'Million Dollar Man', 'Off To The Races', 'Blue Jeans' and 'Carmen'."Many indie-blog haters have […]
- February 14, 2012 Lana Del Rey: My Lips Are Real and I Live on My Ex’s Couch Lana Del Rey, the 25 year-old “Born to Die” singer is defending her puffy pout, saying that she’s never had plastic surgery.“They're real lips, I mean. In real life my lips don't look that big,” she told T magazine.“I think because I cartoonized the footage of myself in the video for 'Video Games' things look exaggerated."The singer may currently have one of the most popular albums in the world but she recently revealed that she still does not have a home and […]
- April 20, 2012 Watch: Lana Del Rey Covers Kasabian’s “Goodbye Kiss” Lana Del Rey covered Kasabian's "Goodbye Kiss" on Fearne Cotton's radio show on BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge which you can listen to below.Del rey visited Cotton's show to promote her latest single "Blue Jeans" which comes off her debut album "Born to Die."Rey told Cotton that she loved when Kasabian covered "Video Games" saying: I really loved it when they covered 'Video Games', I thought that was great. All of my boyfriends had loved Kasabian and I'd never listened to […]
- January 30, 2012 Quick Review of Lana Del Rey’s Highly Anticipated Album “Born to Die” Artifice has for the longest time been a key element of a musician's appeal, and many of the songs on "Born to Die" are even enhanced by imagining Lana Del Rey as a character: a sexy and sad, but always dramatic, 50s starlet.Listening to "Born to Die", it’s tempting to put forth theories on what exactly brought about such appealing melancholy and why many have pinned her a talentless major record label robot from the very start.If Del Rey was a talentless major-label […]
- April 12, 2014 Yahoo’s Marissa Mayer Snags Joe Zee For Yahoo! Fashion [VIDEO] Marissa Mayer has reportedly recruited fashion heavyweight Joe Zee to add to Yahoo!'s Fashion team.Zee who's currently Creative Director at Elle magazine has been in talks with the Internet company for some time now and yesterday WWD reported that the deal has been finalized.WWD reached out to a spokeswoman at Elle who declined to “speculate on employee matters.”We're kind of excited to see what Zee will bring to the table for Yahoo! Fashion and whether he'd be able […]
- January 2, 2014 Cara Delevingne’s New Mulberry Campaign Is Absolutely Perfect / [PHOTOS] Cara Delevigne is the star of Mulberry's Spring Summer 2014 campaign in which she poses avec a horse, puppies, a bird and a bag.Check out the gorgeous photos below and let us know what you think of them:
- September 10, 2014 Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s First and Very Strange Vine / [VIDEO] Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen made their first official appearance on Vine today, and in true Mary-Kate and Ashley fashion it was super weird.New York Times fashion director Vanessa Friedman is Vining up her coverage of New York Fashion Week and when she stopped by to check out The Row's Spring '15 collection, Friedman documented a pre-show sit-down with the two sisters.She described the duo as "looking very zen" as the Olsens posed silently in the video while looking on and […]
- September 26, 2014 Lana Del Rey to Play Two Shows at a Cemetery / [VIDEOS] Lana Del Rey has repeatedly mentioned that she wished she was already dead and now she's rushing straight to the cemetery!On October 17th and October 18th, Del Rey will play shows at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery which is the resting place for legends like George Harrison, Johnny Ramone, and Douglas Fairbanks.We're not sure whether these are going to be two extremely creepy shows or whether Del Rey's ethereal vocals are going to impress the dead enough to bring them back […]
- January 17, 2012 Watch Lana Del Rey’s “Terrible” Guest Appearance on Saturday Night Live Lana Del Rey’s tidal wave of international buzz has gotten even taller lately as the release of her insanely anticipated (for better or worse) Born To Die approaches.The great debate over her sudden success and online buzz still rages on however.While many have come to the defense of the singer since her much talked-about performances during this weekend’s Saturday Night Live (including host Daniel Radcliffe), plenty of viewers took exception to Del Rey's listless […]
- October 12, 2012 Take a Ride With Lana Del Rey [VIDEO] Lana Del Rey today released the new music video for "Ride" off of her upcoming re-release of Born To Die: Paradise Edition.The video is a ten minute clip featuring a slew of older men, motels, biker dudes, a lonely Del Rey swinging on a tire swing, basically the video's extremely Lana Del Rey.The video opens with a monologue:"I was in the winter of my life — and the men I met along the road were my only summer. At night I fell asleep with visions of myself dancing and […]
- May 8, 2014 New Lana Del Rey Video – “West Coast / [VIDEO] The Internet was in uproar yesterday after Lana Del Rey shared her new music video for "West Coast" on Vevo but quickly removed it right after.The video was removed by her label who claimed that it was an unfinished version and stated hat they'd release the proper version today.They kept true to their word and have just released the video to Lana's first single off her forthcoming album "Ultraviolence.""Ultraviolence" features production from Dan Auerbach of the Black […]
- October 22, 2014 American Horror Story Jessica Lange’s Cover of Lana Del Rey / [VIDEO] 'American Horror Story' fans probably heard word that Jessica Lange would be covering Lana Del Rey on this season's Freak Show.However nobody really knew what song Lange would be covering...but now we do!A Vine user just posted a clip of Lange covering 'Gods and Monsters' by Del Rey.Check out the Vine below and let us know what you think:
- April 16, 2013 “The Great Gatsby” Soundtrack First Listen [VIDEO] Judging from the trailers, many are calling Baz Luhrmann's upcoming adaptation of "The Great Gatsby" a little over-the-top.But in all honesty it's Luhrmann, what did you expect?Say what you will though about the film but the man sure does know how to put together a soundtrack.From Lana Del Rey to The XX and even Jay Z, Luhrmann has stringed together a pretty exciting audio accompaniment to the film.Check out the entire soundtrack listen below and listen to […]
- November 26, 2013 Lana Del Rey’s “Tropico” Trailer / [VIDEO] Lana Del Rey has been busy at work on her screenwriting debut, a short film called "Tropico", which is set for release on December 5.The film will premiere on Vevo and is produced by Rick Rubin, while direction was taken up by Anthony Handler, and obviously Del Rey was responsible for the soundtrack.Check out the one minute official trailer below and let us know whether you're excited to check out the film:
- July 30, 2014 Lana Del Rey Releases Video For “Ultraviolence” / [VIDEO] Lana Del Rey's videos always seem to follow one basic storyline: a starting shot in rural America, followed by a male companion following Lana around while the track plays, and that's basically it.However for her latest video for "Ultraviolence" off her most recent LP of the same name, a male figure is shown in the video however he doesn't get much airtime.The video's aesthetic is very VHS-style and follows Lana taking a stroll down an altar in a wedding dress.Watch […]